DIGITAL ART CENTRE (DAC)
Digitization of Arts Colleges project was started to visualize the establishment of “Digital Arts Labs” at fine arts colleges to impart training in “Digital Art” to students. The Digital Arts Centres(DAC) are being established in the fine arts colleges across Karnataka and aims to set up a 20 seat lab with latest digital technology i.e. hardware and software over a period of 3years and the Department funds Rs. 10 lacs per college per year for a period of three years. This project is being implemented through ABAI for whivh an agreement ha been signed between KITS and ABAI. . The teaching faculties are trained by ABAI.
The implementation of Digitization of Art Colleges(DAC) Programme in association with ABAI. The DAC Phase-I was implemented in 7 fine art colleges for 3 years across Karnataka and the committed funds of Rs.98lacs were released for the programme.
List of 7 Colleges under DAC Program
- JSS Halbhavi School of Art, Dharwad
- Vijay College of Fine Arts, Gadag
- M.K. College of Visual Art, Gulbarga.
- Vijay Mahantesh Lalitkala Mahavidyalaya, Hubli
- University college of Visual Arts, Davangere
- Center for Fine Arts, Animation & Design, Tumkur
- Karnataka Chitra Kala Parishath, Bengaluru.
The phase -I was of huge success and the programme has been extended to 20 new fine art colleges .
The Phase-II DAC programme is being implemented in 20 new Fine art colleges
List of 20 Colleges under DAC Program
- Shanthi Nikethana Chitrakala Mahavidhyalaya, Chikmagalur.
- Shri Vivekanand Kalamandir, Raibag.
- ALVA’S College, Moodbidri.
- Shri Ravivarma Art Institute, Mysore.
- Karnataka Fine Art Parishatha, Humnabad, Bidar.
- Sree Kalanikethana School of Art, Mysore.
- Ravindra Kala Niketan, Tumkur.
- Nutan Lalitkala Mahavidayalaya, Raichur.
- Beynon-Smith college of fine Art, Belagavi.
- Vijaya Chitrakala Mahavidayalaya, Ilkal, Bagalakot.
- Mahalasa School of Art, Mangalore.
- Yogeesh Chitrakala Mahavidyalaya, Bidar
- Vani School of Art, Chikkanayakanahalli, Tumkur
- Post graduate studies and research in visual Art Gulbarga University. Kalaburgi
- Kala Mandir School of Art, Bengaluru
- VDS JN Fine Art college, Gadag
- Nirmala School of Art, Hassan
- Govt College of Fine Art, Dharwad
- Mysore University Centre for Information science &Technology, Mysore.
- Chetana Lalithkala mahavidayalaya, Bengaluru.